On Wednesday, June 21 rbs000 (Ian) wrote:

[Ian...]One, five, fifty one... I also don't see why we need to attach too
much importance to "one." It seems to me that if the mind
makes "one" then there's "one." If the mind makes "two" then
there's "two". And when the mind isn't making "one" or "two" or
even "zero" ... then what? Doesn't seem particularly mysterious...
it's just that we aren't imposing numbers on experience, that's all.

[Ian...]On the other hand, when we need to count, we count. Neither attached

to numbers or the absence of numbers. Not trying to hang on to an
ultimate view of whether reality is one or fifty one.

[Ian...]Does anyone see any problems/limitations with that approach?

I see absolutely no problems with this.  We can use all the numbers we want,
we just need to be sure we're not attached to the numbers or give them any
special significance...Bill!