I'd like to share with you what I think is the best Koan I've ever come across.
I'll include some of the notes and the Capping Phrase.
Master P'ou and Grasshopper* were practicing in the Monastery garden one warm
summer evening. Master P'ou kindly** inquired of his pupil "You seem greatly
troubled by something, little Grasshopper***?" "Yes, Master.In the sutras it
says that a buddha has a heart of perfect wisdom.Does that mean that he would
cut farts of perfect odor?" Master P'ou said nothing in response. The only
sound carried on the soft Summer Breeze was a faint etherial phtttpppt.
Grasshopper resumed the counting of his breaths and before he could even reach
two, he obtained a Great Enlightenment.
*Annoying little suckup! Master was always WAY too kind to him. I would have
disemboweled him with a splintery pair of chopsticks.
** He always WAS his FAVORITE.
***Yeah and if you squashed him under your foot,I bet the juice that came out
would be just as green!!
CAPPING PHRASE: Buttplugs need not be greased to be effective. MOST intimate.
Al <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "anatmanwave" <---And Al, how would you know that?>
My study of Zen is limited to Japanese samurai movies and especially the
Blind Samurai (Zatoichi).
I choose not to read zen books any more. I gave many away and sold the rest
on ebay. Zatoichi is easier to understand and much more entertaining than
Bankei or Dogen.
test'; ">
---------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.