On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:11:47 -0800, Bill Smart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Move to a different carriage…Bill!
> When the old drunk guy sitting next to you on the train farts and shits
> himself and the odour fills the carriage - are you going to cleanse your
> chakras or what else are you going to do?

Well to paraphrase the famous Koan about the goose and the bottle, if you
can
imagine an old drunk guy sitting next to you in a train getting all
scatalogical
and all, then you can equally imagine a train or any other conveyance such
as a
cruise ship and instead of a smelly old drunk guy, you can imagine your
companion
to be a beautiful and charming young lady (or wolverine, if that's your
thing!) who
is totally into you, smells like honeysuckle and well, let your
imagination do the rest
but in a feel good, smells lovely sort of way.

That's the beauty of Zen.  The universe is elastic and we can stretch our
imaginations
and the universe itself.  Of course, if you keep insisting on the glass
half full, and
only filled with waste products, hey, then I cannot liberate you...

Zenbob