From: mike brown [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat 16/02/08 7:39 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: SV: RE: [Zen] Re: D.L.

Bill,

Thank you for your `welcome back`!  As for trying to change yourself from
within to affect society - understood. I`m with you on that one too. But it`s
amazing the amount of flak you get trying to change yourself this way. As you
know, my (spiritual) journey has taken me to Japan and China, but at the cost
of alienating myself from some friends and family who can`t understand my
decisions. Have you ever encountered opposition thru` choosing a spiritual
(don`t really like that word) lifestyle as opposed to a more conventional one?
Ps, I understand that as a lay practioner you can marry the two with little
problem, and that ultimately you don`t have to travel anywhere other than
`here`. But what if you chose to live overseas in search of furthering your Zen
or indeed became a Zen priest. Would you, or have you, experienced problems?
Mike