Al,
I don't know what to make of you. You give people a forum to share
and discuss their beliefs, and then you mock them? I understand the
making lite of people who are too full of themsevles, especially
relating to Zen, but you sit in judgement of everyone? I guess you
just don't believe in the Zen philosophy? In Enlightenment? In
Samsara? The Eight-Fold Path? The Three Jewels... etc. That's ok, I
don't see anyone in this group trying to convince you to follow
their beliefs. I just see beautiful, inspiring and witty posts from
members such as JM, Mike and Bill, and sometimes yourself, that I
enjoy.
Don't get Angry because a female member shunned your feeble attempts
at a pickup... You may not have meant it that way, but that's how it
seemed. And then you insult her with the remarks about the punchline
is posting her picture? That's week. Not as creepy as the dude with
the pension and the three bedrooms though, but still. It seems that
you feed off of getting a rise out of nice, well-meaning people.
That, to me, is what lower life forms do. They want to bring others
down to their level.
I think people attracted to Zen are more introverted by nature.
That's what is attractive about it, the answer is within. Everything
else is just a distraction. I was lucky enough to have a Temple
built a few miles from me, housed with Vietnamese nuns who studied
under the Master Thich Than Thu. They held a group each Saturday
for a dharma
talk and meditation sessions, and they also offered retreats. I went
each Saturday for nine months and loved the Serenity. But the group
began taking on people such as yourself who were not serious and
talked too much and the poor nuns were not forceful enough inforce
their discipline. I stopped going and have since lapsed in any
serious practicing, but I still believe strongly in the power of
Enlightenment and what it can to for a serious and disciplined
practitioner, and it pains me to see such a lower life form make fun
of it...
... I believe in the power of Zen, but the entire Buddhist
philosophy, I have some reservations. I have not believed in
reincarnation in the
past, but I do sense that it may be true. It may be true that many
lifetimes before me have brought me to the realization that I can
taste my own Enlightenment. Just as many lives before you have
brought
you in the other direction, that you can read what others say
about it, and even may have tried it some yourself, but you can
still have no concept of it. But still, even though you can't
conceive of your own True Nature, you don't have to denegrate those
who are seeking their own.
In any case, I have got to be the most happiest, ignorant person
on Earth. I live each day in the wonderment of what life is and the
beauty that's all around. And I won't blow sunshine up your Ass
because everything ain't rosey. But my belief in the Zen philosophy
keeps me from getting too high, or too low, the beauty is in the
Middle Way. It's just that one of my many faults is to see one
ignorant person making fun of other well-meaning people. If you've
been running this forum for nine years and you still don't get it, I
suggest you stick to the others that you like so much better,
because I enjoy this one just the way it is, and I enjoy the members
just the way they are. Even you, I guess, because you and Bill are
the only one's who seem to make me passionate enough to respond!
Thanks,
The Pope of Zen,
Chris
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/