--- In [email protected], "Al" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> well-meaning hearts and open-minds are usually a lot of nothing and
a waste of space.>> My experience with well-meaning hearts and open
minds is that those are the biggest hypocrites on earth, the blight on
everything that is good in the world, and the weak links in any
substantial change. The well-meaning hearts and the open minds never
get it done. Look at the great era of the 1960s.
> All the well-meaning hearts and open minds became the most corrupt
> generation on earth. When the well meaning hearts and open minds
have to choose between helping others and a gold Rolex or a Lexus,
what do you think happens?>>>
> Real enlightenment does not need you for verification. It is real.
There really are people who have never heard of zen and have no
interest in being enlightened who are enlightened.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I edited your post to hit the points I want to respond to... I hope
that's ok...
Waste of Space? That's a pretty harsh tag for another
human being, especially one with good intentions. You may have been
fooled by someone you thought was well-meaning and open minded, but if
they turned out hypocritical, they must not have been sincere.
Only one with a well-meaning heart and open mind knows the truth from
within... I'm sure many of these people you speak of began with good
intentions, but lost their perspective along the way.
And what about change? What are you looking to change? It
sounds like your expectations of others may be too high. I try to have
no expectations or pre-conceived notions of others, although many
times I fail, but seldom am I dissappointed to find another person is
just a human being, prone to perceptions of form and feeling. It
sounds like you are bitter. I can only wish the best for you.
And of Enlightenment. I think our concepts may differ. I
agree that different humans have differing levels of consciousness,
and many who have never heard of the practice operate in an elevated
state of awareness. But I speak of Enlightenment as of the Buddha, the
ultimate state of Nirvana, reached through strict meditation and
adherance to the Precepts, or a certain mindset. True, Zen does not
hold a monopoly on it, perhaps the Yogi's with their knowledge of the
Chakra's have tapped into it. But it is still an ultimate state of
Being in which we totally desolve our ego and become One with the
Universe. The Ultimate Self-Realiztion! Pie in the Sky? Or a good
Acid Trip? I have experienced some differing states of conciousness
through deep meditation, so I believe firmly that should I gain the
discipline and shed my laziness and return to my practice, I too could
reach this state, and anyone who tells me otherwise is only trying to
keep me from doing so. What person could be so mean as to try and keep
someone from realizing their dream?
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/