Then you are not earning your pay. You are leeching off of the system
just like everyone else where you work.
I feel sorry for the kids under your care, cause they are stuck with
people who don't give a f**k about them.
Cynth
Charlie wrote:
>
>
> At the High School where I teach, I often have to substitute in
> during my lunch hour for the Special Education class. It is not easy,
> as those kids are very sad and child-like even though they are
> teenagers. However, I can always use the extra money that I get paid
> for subbing for other teachers so I am willing to do it.
>
> Some of those retarded kids look so innocent that it makes me sad to
> think about them. Usually I leave the kids alone and go to the
> Teacher's Lounge and watch TVLand since Bonanza is only on for one
> hour now.
>
> Anyhow, there I was yesterday wondering if the kids counted as
> sentient beings. I have always imagined that they did have souls, but
> now that I see how simple they are I wonder if they do. I am tending
> to think that they don't. Then I will not feel bad when I leave them
> alone. I am not the only teacher that does that. As long as they
> don't attack each other, nobody finds out and it is like getting paid
> for free time. Do I have an obligation to try to teach them anything?
> I don't think anyone really tries. I am not the only one that sees
> them as just a way to make a few extra bucks. What is my obligation
> to these kids? Do I have any?
>
> As you can guess, I am at the computer at the Teacher's Lounge right
> now, and I have the TV on too. I am not the only one here. It is like
> skipping class, except we are the teachers!
>
>
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/