--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "cid830" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Welcome Margie.  My name is Chris and I am a backsliding
> practitioner.  I have been practicing on and off for the past 20
> years.  It seems that I can maintain the discipline for a good
> practice only for short periods of time.  I hope to one day shed my
> love of my material belongings and my trivial addictions, but for
> now, my Xbox360 and my Tivo have a hold of me. I do look forward to
> reading your posts, as well as your blog.  Thanks for posing.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to talking with you.

As someone who never "practices" I can't very well fault anyone for
backsliding. Anyway, maybe you're not backsliding:

"Eventually you will reach the point of immovability, where you can
pick up zen and use it, putting it away and letting it out expertly."
Yuanwu

Margie (roloro1557)