From: cid830 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Zen] My Way Is Better!
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 1 October, 2008, 6:04 AM

Again, to each his own! It is my contention that only with strict
adherence to a disciplined practice one can dissolve the Ego. The
practice that I have followed professes the ultimate goal of Living
Zen, experiencing each moment with ALL of your Being but you must
dissolve the Ego. I have been taught (and with experience believe)
that you must sit before you can walk. There are always exceptions
to the rule, but I could never endorse that one may just be able to
walk around in Living Zen with no training. That all one has to do
is to "look around" and experience THIS because another person said
they can do it. Such claims may actually be a hinderance to one's
complete loss of Self. One may be able to live "in the zone" from
time to time while fully engaged in an activity or an experience,
but this is not Living Zen, it is just a Zen experience. Likewise,
a "Master" is a title given to one by others as a form of respect.
One claiming to be a Master, most likely is not.

Everyone has his/her own path. My belief is that "letting go"
through strict training is valid path to Living Zen and
Enlightenment, and those that tell you it is not necessary are not
helping your path.

Thank You,
Chris

Search, browse and book your hotels and flights through Yahoo! Travel.
http://sg.travel.yahoo.com