Chris, I agree with you. If one can realize zen by a short cut, it may need to be a genius, or he/she already did a lot in previous lives. However, it will still need more work to progress further. I believe it makes sense that way. If the 'cause and effect' is right, there is no such thing as a short cut. There must be a reason behind, though I may not understand what the reason is. Regards, Anthony
--- On Wed, 1/10/08, cid830 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: From: cid830 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [Zen] My Way Is Better! To: [email protected] Date: Wednesday, 1 October, 2008, 6:04 AM Again, to each his own! It is my contention that only with strict adherence to a disciplined practice one can dissolve the Ego. The practice that I have followed professes the ultimate goal of Living Zen, experiencing each moment with ALL of your Being but you must dissolve the Ego. I have been taught (and with experience believe) that you must sit before you can walk. There are always exceptions to the rule, but I could never endorse that one may just be able to walk around in Living Zen with no training. That all one has to do is to "look around" and experience THIS because another person said they can do it. Such claims may actually be a hinderance to one's complete loss of Self. One may be able to live "in the zone" from time to time while fully engaged in an activity or an experience, but this is not Living Zen, it is just a Zen experience. Likewise, a "Master" is a title given to one by others as a form of respect. One claiming to be a Master, most likely is not. Everyone has his/her own path. My belief is that "letting go" through strict training is valid path to Living Zen and Enlightenment, and those that tell you it is not necessary are not helping your path. Thank You, Chris ______________________________________________________________________ Search, browse and book your hotels and flights through Yahoo! Travel. http://sg.travel.yahoo.com
