Oh goodness, I would have never imagined! This nomination means so much to me! I first, and foremost, would like to thank my family who has supported me throughout this endeavor. As I see it, (and perceptions are different with each individual) we have 3 distinct parties. I like to think that I belong to the Zazen Party, with at least Bill, Mike and myself. I think that Mike may represent Zen Buddhism, I may represent the non-practicing Zen lovers who are trying to strip my Zen from my Buddhists teachings, and Bill who represents True Zen. The Chan party, a significant '3rd' party, will be represented by none other than the illustrious JMJM. He will be running on the platform of 'no labels'. He is an advocate of the Chi. And lastly, we have the OTHER significant party. The one represented by the intellectual elite, who believe they are too smart for the masses who waste their time sitting. THEY have figured out the short cut to Living Zen. The do-anything-feel-good bunch that they are. But don't let me cast aspersions upon my worthy opponents, let them tell you the path that you, too, can take to experience this Living Zen.
--- In [email protected], "Al" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > <summitjags@> wrote:> Everyone has his/her own path. My belief is > that "letting go" through strict training is valid path to Living Zen > and Enlightenment, and those that tell you it is not necessary are not > > helping your path. > > > > > > We should all vote on what is the Best Way and then agree to follow it > for one year beginning January 1, 2009. > > At this point I see five possible gurus: > > A) JM > B) Bill > C) Edgar > D) Roloro > E) Cid > > If anyone else would like to be considered for the post of official > Zen Forum guru of 2009, please post your nominations by Friday. The > polling begins on Saturday and the poll will close 12/31/08. > > Al > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
