I see you are practicing your acceptance speech already! :-)

Edgar

On Oct 1, 2008, at 2:06 PM, cid830 wrote:

Oh goodness, I would have never imagined! This nomination means so
much to me! I first, and foremost, would like to thank my family who
has supported me throughout this endeavor.
As I see it, (and perceptions are different with each individual)
we have 3 distinct parties. I like to think that I belong to the
Zazen Party, with at least Bill, Mike and myself. I think that Mike
may represent Zen Buddhism, I may represent the non-practicing Zen
lovers who are trying to strip my Zen from my Buddhists teachings,
and Bill who represents True Zen.
The Chan party, a significant '3rd' party, will be represented by
none other than the illustrious JMJM. He will be running on the
platform of 'no labels'. He is an advocate of the Chi.
And lastly, we have the OTHER significant party. The one
represented by the intellectual elite, who believe they are too
smart for the masses who waste their time sitting. THEY have figured
out the short cut to Living Zen. The do-anything-feel-good bunch
that they are. But don't let me cast aspersions upon my worthy
opponents, let them tell you the path that you, too, can take to
experience this Living Zen.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Al" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <summitjags@> wrote:> Everyone has his/her own path. My belief is
> that "letting go" through strict training is valid path to Living
Zen
> and Enlightenment, and those that tell you it is not necessary are
not
> > helping your path.
> >

> We should all vote on what is the Best Way and then agree to
follow it
> for one year beginning January 1, 2009.
>
> At this point I see five possible gurus:
>
> A) JM
> B) Bill
> C) Edgar
> D) Roloro
> E) Cid
>
> If anyone else would like to be considered for the post of
official
> Zen Forum guru of 2009, please post your nominations by Friday.
The