I wouldn't worry about suffering after death. Just let go of worry suffering right now. In the very unlikely event you find you are still suffering after death then send me another email....

On Oct 5, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:

Hi Edgar,

I can only appreciate and agree. As a zen master says, "an imaginery pain is more painful than a real one". But just in case, can we do something, less than becoming a Buddha, to avoid suffering after death? Or should we just ignore it as a foolish idea?

--- On Sun, 5/10/08, Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Come back to "Aging and Zen"
Date: Sunday, 5 October, 2008, 11:06 PM

JM and Anthony,

If I can add just one more point. Most of Anthony's current 'suffering' seems to be from worrying about something which hasn't yet happened and may never happen to him. As JM points out, it is certainly not real here now... This suffering from worrying about a nonexistent future simply needs to be let go of. Why magnify the very pain of dying you worry about by worrying about it when it hasn't even happened and may never happen? That's clinging to the very thing you wish to avoid....