Hi Anthony,
This is an important question.
Bill and Edgar both have stated many times that only the present
moment
is real. A direct experience is the only thing matters. I am not sure
either of them will continue to post regarding this issue. And I
agree
with them.
Since you still "want" to know and "believe and hope" there got to be
more than "just this". Perhaps I can answer in a traditional Chinese
Buddhist way about end of life.
As you know, when Hui-Neng died, his body did not deteriorate. His
body
is still being preserved on an altar without refrigeration in Canton.
Can this be interpreted that if any of us practice enough, we can die
gracefully. Does this help?
My personal experience is, if we continue to meditate, we will
eventually worry less, ask less questions and witness the fact
that the
present moment is the only thing real.
JM
Anthony Wu wrote:
>
> I would like to come back to Al's profound question. The thread he
> started is getting long and branching out. Can you simply say
'this is
> it?' How do you react to pain? A famous zen master Daisetsu Suzuki
> went through a lot of suffering in his last days. I am scared to
think
> about that. If he cannot avoid suffering, how can I? How about you
> all? Are you sure you will leave this world peacefully?
>
> Regards,
> Anthony
>
> --- On *Sat, 4/10/08, Al /<actionheroes@ yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
> From: Al <actionheroes@ yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Zen] Aging and Zen
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com
> Date: Saturday, 4 October, 2008, 2:14 AM
>
> As we all get older, and some of us are a lot older, the
question for
> me now is this: Does Zen give you everything you want? Are you
> willing
> to die sitting on a cushion just saying "this is it?" No Heaven for
> you? No Nirvana? No nothing? Just worms??
>
>
> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
> Get your preferred Email name!
> <http://sg.rd. yahoo.com/ sg/mail/domainch oice/mail/ signature/
*http://mail. promotions. yahoo.com/ newdomains/ sg/>
>
> Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail. .com.
>