Hi Anthony,
Just punch old Mahakasyapa in the nose when you meet him. He will
disappear along with the rest of them. All those Bardo characters are
illusion. Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead for instructions on what
to do after you die. Then be prepared for something totally
different. In any case the Bardo realm is not when you are completely
dead, but just during the gradual process of death when time slows as
the external layers of your body shut down and your consciousness
gradually retreats towards the center of your brain. After that which
may seem a long time but is not really very long in external time
there is not even nothing so all problems will be over.
Anyway glad to see I am cheering you up already!
:-)
Edgar
On Oct 5, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:
Edgar,
I would like to send you an email after I die, but Mahakasyapa says
it is unlikely you will receive one. If I am enjoying life in
heaven, I would not care about the earth because all things there
are dirty, not worth even thinking about. If I am suffering in
hell, I will not be capable of sending a message, because the devil
who tortures me will not allow it. In either case, you will be
receive an email. Sorry.
Regards,
Anthony
--- On Mon, 6/10/08, Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Come back to "Aging and Zen"
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, 6 October, 2008, 6:45 AM
Anthony,
I wouldn't worry about suffering after death. Just let go of worry
suffering right now. In the very unlikely event you find you are
still suffering after death then send me another email....
:-)
Edgar
On Oct 5, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Anthony Wu wrote:
Hi Edgar,
I can only appreciate and agree. As a zen master says, "an
imaginery pain is more painful than a real one". But just in case,
can we do something, less than becoming a Buddha, to avoid
suffering after death? Or should we just ignore it as a foolish idea?
regards,
Anthony
--- On Sun, 5/10/08, Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] . .net> wrote:
From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED] net>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Come back to "Aging and Zen"
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com
Date: Sunday, 5 October, 2008, 11:06 PM
JM and Anthony,
If I can add just one more point. Most of Anthony's current
'suffering' seems to be from worrying about something which hasn't
yet happened and may never happen to him. As JM points out, it is
certainly not real here now.... This suffering from worrying about
a nonexistent future simply needs to be let go of. Why magnify the
very pain of dying you worry about by worrying about it when it
hasn't even happened and may never happen? That's clinging to the
very thing you wish to avoid....
Edgar
On Oct 5, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 wrote:
Hi Anthony,
This is an important question.
Bill and Edgar both have stated many times that only the present
moment
is real. A direct experience is the only thing matters. I am not
sure
either of them will continue to post regarding this issue. And I
agree
with them.
Since you still "want" to know and "believe and hope" there got
to be
more than "just this". Perhaps I can answer in a traditional Chinese
Buddhist way about end of life.
As you know, when Hui-Neng died, his body did not deteriorate.
His body
is still being preserved on an altar without refrigeration in
Canton.
Can this be interpreted that if any of us practice enough, we can
die
gracefully. Does this help?
My personal experience is, if we continue to meditate, we will
eventually worry less, ask less questions and witness the fact
that the
present moment is the only thing real.
JM
Anthony Wu wrote:
>
> I would like to come back to Al's profound question. The thread he
> started is getting long and branching out. Can you simply say
'this is
> it?' How do you react to pain? A famous zen master Daisetsu Suzuki
> went through a lot of suffering in his last days. I am scared
to think
> about that. If he cannot avoid suffering, how can I? How about you
> all? Are you sure you will leave this world peacefully?
>
> Regards,
> Anthony
>
> --- On *Sat, 4/10/08, Al /<actionheroes@ yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
> From: Al <actionheroes@ yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Zen] Aging and Zen
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com
> Date: Saturday, 4 October, 2008, 2:14 AM
>
> As we all get older, and some of us are a lot older, the
question for
> me now is this: Does Zen give you everything you want? Are you
> willing
> to die sitting on a cushion just saying "this is it?" No Heaven
for
> you? No Nirvana? No nothing? Just worms??
>
>
> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
> Get your preferred Email name!
> <http://sg.rd. yahoo.com/ sg/mail/domainch oice/mail/
signature/ *http://mail. promotions. yahoo.com/ newdomains/ sg/>
>
> Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail. .com.
>
New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and
@rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you've always wanted before someone else does!