--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mayka,
>
> Suffering after death, if there is any, is part of 'not dying in
peace'. If there is none, thank god.

Hi Anthony;

Let's not worry too muich about if there is suffering or not after
death.  Let's do worry about what is happening right here and now.
It's ok to meditate in death because that is unavoidable.  On the
other hand meditation on death does have the advantage that after a
deep meditation one feels very grateful to life.  One feels like
loving and appreciative towards all surroundings, including family,
friends, plants, minerals an even to the boss job!.  The psycological
effect meditation of death has on one can be very positive.  The
times I have done that meditation, believe or not I usually feel very
full of joy and appreciative to the present moment life.  It has also
helped me to live in a deeper way my life and be a little be
frivolous.

I believe that when we live our life in the best of our
possibilities, capabilities and facing all the fears that daily come
to our lifes...then it's possible we may not be as worry about what
is after death.

I love the conversation and jokes Edgar and Yourself are having.  You
both are making me laugh a lot.  It's good to have a good sense of
humour.  Thank you both for that.

Mayka

Our