From: Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 9 October, 2008 23:18:51
Subject: [Zen] Re: Aging and Zen

Hello Mike;

What are you doing?

Moral Values are not exactly the same as moralistic values.  It seems
to me that the only who understood that were the gays from Yale
University!. A shame they're not on this website to ask them for a
little support here.

What you're describing are sick moralistic values.  Did I not say
before that moral is a double razor?.

In the mind clean and pure as an innocent childlike, moral values are
also clean.  In a more  poluted mind moral values are sick.

Mayka

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, mike brown <uerusuboyo@ ...> wrote:

> Hi Mayaka,
>
> If, as you say, all these people have moral values then why is
there so much suffering and strife in the world? I would say exactly
because people have moral values, or rather, opposing moral values.
For example, on issues such as abortion, drug use, age of consent,
homosexuality etc who determines what is morally correct? Corrupt,
rich, white, hypocritical, male politicians do. We need laws, but
laws shouldn't reflect the moral values of only a very small group in
society who also have vested interests. Mike.

Lama
> has his moral values.  Gandhi had his moral values.  Thich Nhat
Hanh
> has his moral values.  Martin Luther King Junior had his moral
> values...All peacemakers of the world have had and have their own
> moral values.  A person without moral values is a person of not
being
> trusted.
>
> Thanks for posting
> Mayka
>
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, <BillSmart@ ..> wrote:
> >
> > Makya,
> >
> > My view of morals is the same as Margie's.  I define 'morals' as
> code of
> > conduct.  This code can be very complex - as in Islamic Sharia
Law