Hi Edgar,

Does a cow have Buddha nature?

Mike.

----- Original Message ----
From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 10 October, 2008 1:18:14
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Aging and Zen

Morning Margie,

Well that answers the koan 'does a dog have Buddha nature?'  What doesn't?

:-)

Edgar

On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:30 AM, roloro1557 wrote:

Morning Edgar,

Not only that, but I see people doing zen (or getting done by zen) all
the time who are obviously not zennists. Watch a mother and her child,
or someone really into their work, or children. I used to do a lot of
babysitting for friends of mine. Once when I was sitting with little
Eddie my music teacher dropped by with some notes for me. It was
winter and very cold out. I asked my teacher to stay for a hot cup of
tea. Eddie asked for lemonade, and I asked him if he wanted ice. He
said "Yes." My teacher said, "It's wintertime, cold outside, why do
you want ice?" Eddie replied very matter-of-factly, "It's not
wintertime in my cup." Perhaps it was one of those things where you
had to be there, but it's one of the most zen things I've ever seen.

Zen is everywhere, all the time. You never know where and when it will
turn up. Animals are eloquent zennists, without ever sitting zazen or
reading books of quotes of old Chinese masters.

Margie (roloro1557)