Hi Margie,

Hmm, I can appreciate the sentiment but I can't really agree that "Animals are
eloquent zennists".  We may often observe animals appearing to 'be in the
moment', but zen is also about how to live and die mindfully. For instance, we
can also observe animals cowering fearfully from certain situations (aversion)
and also acting instictively/behaviourally from out of basic desires (eg,
snapping at other animals that get in their way). I think animals can make
excellent teachers of zen, but not because they are living zen. Mike.