Hi Mayka,

>My knowledge and insight about
>consciousness is rather limited. And therefore open to
>intelectualization and what is the worst speculation. Being aware of
>the harm that intelectualization and speculation can cause I'd rather
>keep quiet till real insight cames out.

Well said. I really do enjoy reading the intellectual and metaphysical postings
here, but at the end of the day, that is all they really are - headcandy for
the intellect. That's why I guess I would call myself a Zen Buddhist. The
danger of trying to extract zen from Zen Buddhism can lead to the charge that
zen is nothing more than an "intellectual exercise" ala JMJM. IMHO an
understanding of 'emptiness' without following the Eight Precepts won't  lead
to a self-transformation as deep as following them. I don't remember who said
it, but zen without Zen Buddhism is like an alcoholic going to an AA meeting in
the morning and a cocktail lounge in the evening.

Mike.