Edgar,

Brilliant!  How can one argue with that? Everyone may have their own
perception of reality. That perception itself is the illusion. I
think you have really topped off your arguement. I have to say
though, I was preparing a post very similar to this, you just beat
me to the punch!

Later,
Chris

> Margie (and Bill),
>
> What nonsense! That experience suggests there is an objective
world
> (the eggplant) and that the cognitive representation of that world
is
> illusion. Only if the monk went back again later and it wasn't an
> eggplant but a squashed frog and kept changing every time he
looked
> at then we might conclude there was no objective world. The monk
> accepted that the reality of the objective world was the
eggplant,
> not the squashed frog illusion in his mind.
>
> My point again is that what is in the mind and what is in the
world
> is the same thing and that it is only one thing, and that the
rules
> that govern all that are causal and consistent. That includes the
> phenomenon of errors of the senses and cognition that can be
> corrected by internal consistency.
>
> That is true because things are only illusion in the sense that
they
> are observer dependent views of reality. Reality itself has no
> reality independent of any observer. Just as in relativity there
is
> no absolute motion, only motion relative to an observer. Every
event
> is an 'experience' or observation by an 'observer' even if it is
just
> an electron responding to a force. The whole idea of an external
> reality independent of observers is a construct of the mind and
> represents the cognitive world view of every organism, each of
which
> is different and dependent on the biological and cognitive
structure
> of that organism.
>
> And that view is my own cognitive construct in my own mind which
> depends on my cognitive structure.
>
> So we go round and round and never get to any observer
independent
> external reality. Therefore everything is illusion, but only in
the
> sense that it is impossible to identify an objective reality
behind
> everything independent on any observer's direct experience since
no
> observer could ever experience it.
>
> So what is not illusion, at least in my experience, is the
illusion -
> that is the contents of direct experience in the ground of the
> present moment, but known to be illusion since their
manifestation