Edgar,

I asked you if your concept of 'self' was real or an illusion.

You answered:

>BTW to answer your question I have no concept of self.
>If I had one it would be an illusion, though a consistent one for sure!

I find that a queer response, or at an unexpected one.  First of all you
seem to have a very persistent concept of everything else, like causation;
and secondly it is not at all consistent with my experience.

I do have a concept of self.  In fact I am operating under the concept of
self right now.  I also have a concept of causation, time, good/bad,
right/wrong and a whole lot of other things.  I know, however, from previous
experiences that these concepts of self and the others I've mentioned are
illusions.  I don't always operate under illusions such as the concept of
self, and even when I do the my illusion self is not always exactly the same
- so I would say my concept/illusion of self in inconsistent.

For what it's worth...

...Bill!



------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to