Everyone is afraid of death, and that is as it should be, at least as far as
nature is concerned. Self preservation and the continuation of the species, as
it were. You are afraid to die so you don't walk out in front of a tanker truck
or walk off a cliff. Hopefully this allows you to continue living and to
reproduce, and eventually bounce your grandchildren on your knee :-)

On the other hand, being afraid of death when there is no immanent reason (like
a tanker truck bearing down on you) is quite an uncomfortable problem I
imagine.

You are going to die. So am I. So is everyone. There is absolutely nothing to
be done about it, it is a fact, a part of reality. (I do not mean to be callous
or insensitive. I am talking facts here.) My own choice is to live, really live
while I'm alive, not to dwell on death. I would rather put my energy into
living. My dying will no doubt come when it comes and take care of itself.

Artie