From: novelid...@aol.com <novelid...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Other traditions
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 11 September, 2010, 6:50 AM

Anthony

I think you have the beginnings of something.  The Tantric visualization
approach and guidance along the lines of Llamaism could be seen as a
counterpart to zazen path of Zen, you are using the outward (contemplation,
meditation, etc) to reach greater inner clarity and expression . . . You could
make the case that once a certain station is reached you are zazen, you are
attention, the pure self, the selflessness of self.

Once again the Sufis address this over and over again within the context of
their teaching stories, meditation, action techniques, gatherings, poetry, etc
-- drinking the wine and going beyond the vessel . . . same thing as gone gone
to the other shore . . .don't need the boat anymore.

Kirk

In a message dated 9/10/2010 2:38:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wu...@yahoo.com.sg writes:

Bill,

I am 90% in agreement with you. There are a lot of differences between Tibetan
Tantra and traditional Buddhism. The most significant is their attitude and
practice on sex rituals. On the other hand, the Tantra also has a lot of
colorful and spectacular techniques. If they help some. why not practice them
whether or not they can be consifered Buddhism

Anthony