From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Other traditions
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 10 September, 2010, 9:47 PM

DP,

I myself don’t consider Tibetan ‘Buddhism’ actually Buddhist.  I should more
rightfully be classified as ‘Lamaism’ – with maybe some Buddhist terminology.
It’s chock full of superstitions, gods and spirits and a lot of mysticism (and
not just ‘chi’), the most well known of which is their belief that the Dalai
Lama which is their ‘God-King’, and whom they believe is a reincarnation of the
former Dalai Lama clear back to an actual ‘god’ (of Compassion).

And don’t get me started on the Dalai Lama…Bill!