Anthony

I think you have the beginnings of something.  The Tantric  visualization
approach and guidance along the lines of Llamaism could be seen as  a
counterpart to zazen path of Zen, you are using the outward (contemplation,
meditation, etc) to reach greater inner clarity and expression . . . You could
make the case that once a certain station is reached you are zazen, you are
attention, the pure self, the selflessness of self.

Once again the Sufis address this over and over again within the context of
 their teaching stories, meditation, action techniques, gatherings, poetry,
etc  -- drinking the wine and going beyond the vessel . . . same thing as
gone gone  to the other shore . . .don't need the boat anymore.

Kirk

In a message dated 9/10/2010 2:38:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,