DP,

I think the concept of mind is the basis of Buddhism. From my perspective in
practise, the mind is key to ultimate nirvana and the obstruction to getting
there. It is the cause of our suffering and the only way to relieve that
suffering. It is the reason we seek out religions to answer our questions of
who we are, and the reason we still doubt no matter how much we want to
believe. Through our mind we will find our Ultimate Widom, but we have to
dissolve our ego and attachments, everything we have learned to distinguish us
as individuals, and of those things the mind doesn't easily let go!

Master Bill is right, this is the Zen Forum. And Buddhism can be separate from
zen, that is up for discussion. Many things can be related to zen. If you would
like to discuss your views on religion with compassionate individuals, I'm sure
you can find a friendly place here. And we'll find a way to relate them to zen.

Thank you DP, and thank you Master Bill,

it's good to be back.

Chris D