Good Morning Kristy,

No, I didn't mean to suggest that qualities such as compassion, wisdom and
equanimity arise from sensory awareness.  Such concepts as these arise from
your dualistic, rational mind.  This is the mind on which DP is unclear and is
worried about loosing.  This mind is the source of all illusions, the most
fundamental of which is the illusion of 'self'; but these illusions also
include all concepts (definitions/names) and judgements.

The zen I practice consists ONLY of awareness of sensory experience.  Nothing
more.  I call this 'Just THIS!'.  It could also be called 'Buddha Mind' or 'the
cypress tree in the garden' or (in my opinion the best of all) 'Mu!'.

EVERYTHING ELSE you may conceive of such as self/other, compassion/selfishness,
wisdom/ignorance, good/bad, etc..., are illusory.

What I am suggesting is Just THIS!

...Bill!