Hi Bill;

Thank you for your post and also for the reminder of the spell checker which I
hardly ever used!. Perhaps this is because the additional spell checker of the
yahoo  mail is not very good and can't add or subtract anything on it.  May I
ask you what spell checker do you use?.

   Don't worry about spelling correctly or incorrectly my name.  In real life
here in Scotland,  there are many people who can't even pronounce it
correctly.  So some people call me Maya, Mika, Mayko, Maikio, Maka.....It's
understandable as Mayka is amongst the variety of short name of Maria Carmen in
Vasque Language and also the way my family calls me.

Questions

 If a person knows in advance that the mind will be entangled with whatever
given koan, why to get over to all that trouble over and over again with
different koans?.   Why to keep given more koans if the result will always
be the same?.  Though, I can understand that in all that process the
practitioner is having the mind concentrated into something that is giving a
headache and finally finds a release in letting the koan go.   At the same time
 if the student let the koan go, what is the response that should give to the
Teacher asking to resolve the koan?.  And how it comes that the Teacher gives a
next koan?.  How does the Teacher knows that?

I suppose as in all zen experience is difficult for me to understand the koan
part because I've ever worked or have a Teacher who gave me those complicated
koans.  Though there is a recent koan (if one wants to call that as such) given
by TNH and that is: "This is a happy moment".