Chris,

I have no quarrel with 'give and take', provided it's not a required
mode of interaction. In the past few days, on this Forum, we have had a
most illuminating  give and take on 'Zen and the Brain'
(unintentionally) initiated by Mike relating to us his ten-day retreat
experiences.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Chris Austin-Lane <ch...@...> wrote:

That's fine.
I, having spent a good amount of time in book groups, find that 'give
and take' over a book that multiple people have read, never fails to
bring me some understanding of perspectives I would not have arrived at
in seclusion. Not every one's cup of tea, I'm sure.    (Another
colloquialism, Makya, meaning not preferred by everyone. "I'm sorry, but
biking in the rain is just not my cup of tea.").
De gustibus non disputandum,

--Chris

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM, ED <seacrofter...@...
</group/Zen_Forum/post?postID=DGIYrFIWAiW6wGyzn5ve7fS3VQAPcKFUfe1siNG6Ro\
7kzqlJdjUo98zra_1nSqEDacPFI4qK62hV9LJx7Q> > wrote:

I'm not intereted in a 'give and take'.  I am intereted in
expressing my viewpoint if and when I please. I am interested in
hearing others' viewpoints if and when they express them, and I may
or may not repond to them.