Those are on my mental list of books I may eventually buy, but I haven't got
them yet. Are they worth reading, as books, did you find?

Red Pine often refers to the Conze translation of Heart and Diamond Sutras in
his translation of those works (generally to explain why he has translated
differently from
Conze).

The Bodhidharma translation is tempting, although I had always heard not much
written work survived from him directly; what does the book consist of?   The
platform Sutra, just a bit later, I found to be very lively writing and really
could be posted here in pieces as we debate the same issues that zennists
wondered about lo those thousand and some years ago (except for the
neuroscience perhaps).

I am just now reading the Diamond Sutra, and finding it slightly under
whelming, I think largely due to the repetition that the oral form relies on.
Also I am not very far yet, they are just clearing up that the Buddha never
proclaimed this dharma or that dharma or word or body. Etc. I have skimmed it
in the Buddhist Bible and recall more cool stuff to do with the mind in an eye
or something like.

Do you find you still read sutras much, or was it a limited phase of your
studies?   Do you have favorites you reread?

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone