From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lopez
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:29 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] Zen and the Brain

Chris:

Yes there is some expressions, colloquialisms and slang that are used in
America and not in the UK and viceverse.  The real trouble for a foreign
student studying English is that there is not any Royal Academy of the English
Language giving directions as there is in the Spanish Language.  We have "La
Real Academia De La Lengua Espanola" where the Scholars of the Language decide
what are Spanish words and what is not.  They are also the ones who dictate the
grammar rules, etc.  Our Spanish Royalty is involved on it.  But not in
English.  The maxim in English Language is Cambridge and Oxford but not any
official body of the country specialiased in the language.  So it's opened to
everyone making up new words and expressions that one can't find in any English
Dictionary!.  And that is amount the causes that makes so difficult to foreign
students English Language.

Mayka