:-)

http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org

On 11/1/2010 7:19 PM, billsm...@hhs1963.org wrote:

Siska and JMJM,

This excellent phrase means to me that the Dharma (Buddhist teachings) and enlightenment (full realization and practice of those teachings) exist in the everyday world - as opposed to an eclectic or special religious or spiritual world. It is a very powerful statement.

…Bill!

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Jue Miao Jing Ming - ????
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 3:54 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Sutra Study

Hello Siska,

Sorry. This phrase, "Dharma is in the secular world. Enlightenment is within the secular world." is from the Second Chapter of Prajna of the Platform Sutra by the Sixth Patriarch, Hui Neng.

This is a good one to read also. I would read it after the Heart Sutra.

The key to enlightenment if I may emphasize is to sit. Reading is for the mind. Sitting is for the spirit.

:-)
JM
http://chanjmjm.blogspot.com
http://www.heartchan.org