JMJM,

I have learned a lot from this forum. Your remarks below enlightened me, as I
comment on your highlighted words:

--- On Mon, 1/11/10, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <chan.j...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Zen] Sutra Study
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 1 November, 2010, 12:38 AM

Hello Siska,

Thank you for asking.  Sutra is nothing but a description of Buddha's journey.
Bible is nothing but a description of Jesus' journey.

The difference of the two is only in the length.  Buddha spoke for 49 years and
Jesus had only about 3 years.  Yet they both were enlightened to be one with
the "universe/God/Buddha/Big Mind/Big Spirit".  In other words, spirituality is
just a connection.  Words are just descriptors.

For the first 15 years, my Teacher taught nothing but Sitting Chan, which were
brought to Japan 600 years later to be pronounced as zazen.

That means your Teacher is at least 600 years old now. Guiness' longevity
record needs to be changed.

After we sat for 15 years, somehow we understood most of the sutra.

As Bill would suggest, just sit.  And I agree.  After you sit with proper Belly
Breathing for two to three years, your awareness will rise, you will notice the
phenomena in your body and brain.  Along this path truth will be unfold.  This
is really the most effective and quickest way to be enlightened.  Okay?

When did you start to replace your usual emphasis on 'heart' with 'brain'.
Don't follow my bad example. I am a man of low IQ.

Because Buddha spoke for 49 years, there are too many sutra to be read.  If you
really want to read some of them, then I would begin with Heart Sutra.  Read
every translation that you can find.  Then I would read Xin Xin Ming.  Both are
very short.  By the time you can actually witness both, then you are ready to
read Diamond Sutra.  Once you truly absorbed Diamond Sutra, you would then
realize that words are just emptiness by nature.  Everything and every
phenomena in our lives are just as they suppose to be.  It is us who is
interpreting them needlessly.  Then the purpose of your life will be unfold to
you.

Diamond Sutra was written about 700 years after Sakyamuni's parinibbana.
The historical Buddha himself did not say anything as he was supposed to say to
Subhuti. But that is a good book. I like it. It is also said to be a most
powerful book that can drive away devils and ghosts.

Thank you for the opportunity to insert something here.

Thank you for the opportunity to share.
JMJM
Head Teacher
Order Of Buddha Heart