Bill,

That's your position, and I honor and respect it.

"You must understand that a perspective on life that is derived from an
inner experience is different from one that is arrived at
intellectually."  --Kobori-Roshi (1918-1992)

"Taste as much of this as you can. Swallow what you need and spit out
the rest." -- Taizan Maezumi-Roshi (1931-1995) (To his disciples with
regard to importing Japanese Zen Teachings into the West.)

I say "Yes" to both Teachers.