From: Kristy McClain <healthypl...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 22 November, 2010, 5:42 AM

Anthony,

I don't think you are wrong at all  about this.  I'm not a Catholic, but the
Pope has a lot more to answer for , in addition to what you point out.

I think my point to Ed was that all of these beliefs and scriptures are the
products of mortal mankind. I understand that religious leaders believe they
are the direct words of God, but that does not make that true.  It also does
not negate the possibility that there is a God.  I don't know that I believe
there is, but I also don't know that there isn't.  I'd like to believe that God
is compassion  for all things. Perhaps God is reflected in how we treat each
other. I would like to think that a belief like that would bring out the best
we each can offer, though I know that isn't always so.  Clearly, history points
that out.

I think I'm saying that its time to take responsibility  for our own  behavior,
individually and collectively, in order to solve problems and prevent repeating
the miseries of the past. Using God as a shield or a sword in such events is
the fault of mankind, but not necessarily the fault of God.

Kristy