--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "ED" <seacrofter...@...> wrote:
The five books of Moses (Torah/Pentateuch), from which most of those
Biblical texts are extracted, are regarded by Jews, Christians and
Muslims as being the 'Word of God.'

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@...>

Ed,   I certainly respect your position on this, but after looking at
the link you gave, I have a queston...   If  the Bible and other events
were recorded by mortal humans, how can you  be certain these accounts
are the divine intentions of God?  Could they reflect mankind trying to
understand the world around them, and assert their perceptions are
inspired by God?  Perhaps they were wrong.  Perhaps they were right.
Perhaps they made a mistake.  Perhaps compassion arises from such
uncertainties?     Kristy