Kristy,

The five books of Moses (Torah/Pentateuch), from which most of those
Biblical texts are extracted, are regarded by Jews, Christians and
Muslims as being the 'Word of God.'

Kristy

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@...>
wrote:

Ed,   I certainly respect your position on this, but after looking at
the link you gave, I have a queston...   If  the Bible and other events
were recorded by mortal humans, how can you  be certain these accounts
are the divine intentions of God?  Could they reflect mankind trying to
understand the world around them, and assert their perceptions are
inspired by God?  Perhaps they were wrong.  Perhaps they were right.
Perhaps they made a mistake.  Perhaps compassion arises from such
uncertainties?     Kristy           Bill and All,   Be nice to your
partner, or else you will be at the receiving end of a this-worldly
unspiritual effect. Tell the truth to your boss about how he can improve
his management style and you will experience another kind of
this-worldly unspiritual effect. Don't jump when the powerful say jump,
and the effects will be not at all illusory.   Karma is as non-illusory
or as illusory as the justice-inflicting Abrahamic God-conception is
non-illusory or illusory.   I am allergic to the habit of mixing the
impersonal with the personal. Nevertheless, here we go: I am an agnostic
with respect to karma extended over putative life-times. I am an
agnostic with respect to all supranatural phenomena I have not
experienced or verified.    As an act of faith, I am a non-believer in
the Abrahamic God - and here's 'why':
http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible3.htm
<http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible3.htm>    --ED.

> As most of you already know I believe karma as understood of a kind of
'spiritual cause-and-effect' is illusory - both the short- and long-term
version.

> I do, however, think Chris' interpretation below that identifies karma
as part
of the action (instead of a result of the action) has a lot of merit. If
I were
to believe in karma it would be something along these lines.