From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Zen] Re: FW: Amazon book
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 7:25 AM

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "ED" <seacrofter...@...> wrote:

Kristy,
The five books of Moses (Torah/Pentateuch), from which most of those Biblical
texts are extracted, are regarded by Jews, Christians and Muslims as being the
'Word of God.'
--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Kristy McClain <healthypl...@...> wrote:

Ed,

I certainly respect your position on this, but after looking at the link you
gave, I have a queston...

If  the Bible and other events were recorded by mortal humans, how can you  be
certain these accounts are the divine intentions of God?  Could they reflect
mankind trying to understand the world around them, and assert their
perceptions are inspired by God?  Perhaps they were wrong.  Perhaps they were
right.  Perhaps they made a mistake.  Perhaps compassion arises from such
uncertainties?

Kristy