Lana:

When I'm into the discriminative mind I see and experience everything as you
are giving a description here. But when I regain inner calm and serenity,   at
those moments the world seems perfect in its imperfection. Actually at those
moments I see no perfection or imperfection.  Have you ever observe in yourself
that depending on what state of mind you were that is what you were seeing?.

 If a teaching is creating problems with you interacting with your closest
people, making you suffer...then you are paying a high price because of an idea
you have about how others should see the world according to your way of
seeing.  Throw away the idea and you may find both the way out here plus the
heart of the teaching that you throw away.

My boyfriend is not a practitioner and I won't change him for any
practitioner.  And here you go, what is not of any use I throw it away and
whatever helps me with the relationship with my boyfriend and family I keep
it.  Still experimenting here.  Being foolish often.  Dwelling in samsara with
frequency.  But it's ok.  I'm learning how to integrate the practise without
imposing to my boyfriend this practise.

Actually I like him better as a non practitioner because in this way he's warm,
very affectionate, passionate... and all mine! (I know this last remark is
samsara but don't care.  I don't think I coud handle to have a frozen
practitioner as a boyfriend)

I do empathise with your difficulties here.  It's not always easy for me
either. We all go up and down.  Zen is very far of being an easy practise.  But
it can be done as a part-time bases! .  A bit in samsara and a bit in the
Buddha.  Why not?.  No rush!

Mayka