Do you not believe that there *is* merit in discussing various possible
motivations for Zen practice, and what we hope to gain from it for
ourelves and/or for humankind (if  anything at all?)

Thanks, ED

--- In, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:
> Pardon my intrusion into this interchange, but I strongly feel that
why is a question each person must wrestle with for themselves.
> You seem to have an intellect very activated with a lot of questions
with a lot of energy behind them. If you are content with that way of
living, and it seems you are, then you need not undertake a practice of
> Thanks,
> Chris Austin-Lane

That may well be the case.

Does it automatically follow that others ought to spend enormous amounts
of time and energy attempting to attain the same mind-state, and if so,