This is the very issue - to be Zen is to be "frozen", "cold", "selfish" to
those who are still stuck in dualism.  They can not fathom, in their context
of the world, that it is possible for someone to
believe/support/accept/embody polar opposites.  They do not realize the best
compassion is given spontaneously, without thought/premeditation, without it
being asked/demanded for.

-Lana

"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."
- William Osler