From: Lana M. Gibbons <lana.m.gibb...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 25 November, 2010, 18:43

There is a difference between being cold and being thought of as "cold".

-Lana

"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life." -
William Osler

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Lana:

Yes, you have a point here and agree.  I often have experienced the same.  At
the same time and this is not addressed personal to you as criticism of any
kind but purely as a meanings of sharing with the Buddha in you,  in me,  and
every body else.

A person who genuinely believes of being a zen, Buddhist practitioner but whose
becomes cold as a stone for fear of being sometimes "contaminated" by dualism,
negative energies of all kinds or by the ones who don't share one views, ideas,
way of sensing life...then the practise has a twist and becomes harmful to that
person and also to all life around that person since

we're not separated from anything not even from samsara.  To me one of the
greatest beauties of zen as real practicality and well being, is that generates
and continuously shares compassion with all beings and doesn't even know of
doing.

There is the words of a Spanish song that says something like this,  amongst
other things:
".... I'm like the reed that bends but never breaks and always kept up"

Mayka