From: Lana M. Gibbons
Sender: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
ReplyTo: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member
Sent: Nov 25, 2010 07:29

?0?2 It seems to me that traditional buddhists were able to step away from the
world and dedicate themselves to their studies,?0?2some did not even have to
do?0?2chores!?0?2 Only the teachers really needed to interact with outsiders
and even then, they only really interacted with those who were interested in
learning (or thought they were interested in learning). ?0?2 In the reality of
today's world, unless?0?2one was born into a rich family, one has?0?2to work
for their living.?0?2 One has to be a part of a society made up of the
self-indulgent and dualistic,?0?2somehow maintaining no-mind?0?2despite
constant contact?0?2with those who truly are suffering: all while knowing
self-realization is something they have to attain on their own. ?0?2 -Lana ?0?2