Lana:
Yes, you have a point here and agree. I often have experienced the same. At
the same time and this is not addressed personal to you as criticism of any
kind but purely as a meanings of sharing with the Buddha in you, in me, and
every body else.
A person who genuinely believes of being a zen, Buddhist practitioner but whose
becomes cold as a stone for fear of being sometimes "contaminated" by dualism,
negative energies of all kinds or by the ones who don't share one views, ideas,
way of sensing life...then the practise has a twist and becomes harmful to that
person and also to all life around that person since
we're not separated from anything not even from samsara. To me one of the
greatest beauties of zen as real practicality and well being, is that generates
and continuously shares compassion with all beings and doesn't even know of
doing.
There is the words of a Spanish song that says something like this, amongst
other things:
".... I'm like the reed that bends but never breaks and always kept up"
Mayka
--- On Thu, 25/11/10, Lana M. Gibbons <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Lana M. Gibbons <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 25 November, 2010, 11:06
This is the very issue - to be Zen is to be "frozen", "cold", "selfish" to
those who are still stuck in dualism. They can not fathom, in their context of
the world, that it is possible for someone to believe/support/accept/embody
polar opposites. They do not realize the best compassion is given
spontaneously, without thought/premeditation, without it being asked/demanded
for.
-Lana
"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life." -
William Osler
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Maria Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:
Actually I like him better as a non practitioner because in this way he's warm,
very affectionate, passionate... and all mine! (I know this last remark is
samsara but don't care. I don't think I coud handle to have a frozen
practitioner as a boyfriend)