Lana,

The way in which babies normally and naturally behave is to be obsessed
with 'I/me/mine' (it's ego), with no regard whatsoever for the needs of
its mother or anyone else - and without which attitude it would not
survive.

In short, if babies had no egos, the only babies who survived for more
than a few days would be 'buddhas' - and the population of human buddhas
on this earth would be nil.

--ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Lana M. Gibbons" <lana.m.gibb...@...>