From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] New Member
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 30 November, 2010, 6:08 PM

ED,

(Original and Corrected)

I started to respond to each of your points below one-by-one, but soon
discovered all the responses were essentially the same: Zazen, the
realization of Buddha Nature and zen practice are not done for the purpose
of doing any of the things you list below, all of which are qualities of the
illusory concept of self. Zazen, the realization of Buddha Nature and zen
practice are done to rid yourself of illusions and most particularly the
illusion of self.

So I guess I agree with you in a round-about, back-door way. If your goal
is to work on or obtain any of the qualities you list below, then zazen, the
realization of Buddha Nature and zen practice are probably not the way to go
about that.

...Bill!