From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of ED
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:20 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member

Bill,
We are in agreement.
One small point: The 'concept' of self makes the world go round - for better
and for worse - and calling  it 'illusory' does not detract from its
overwhelmingly stupendous power in the world.
My position on Zen is: It has been very precious to me. My belief is that
Zazen would benefit almost anyone, and so I recommend it highly to anyone
who has chosen to pursue this path.
Study of some of the Buddha's basic teachings (to be found in the Theravadin
texts) is highly recommended, as doing so can enhance the quality of ones'
Zazen and hasten its effectivenes.
The above is basic.
To fulfill the list below requires a lot more - and a lot more discussion.

database 5662 (20101130) __________

database 5662 (20101130) __________