Anthony,

I second your recommendations. OCD can be quite challenging to turn
around. Zazen or any Buddhist or other meditations might well he
helpful, but medication and/or psychotherapy should possibly be primary
- if one possesses the resources. It is be advisable to consult with
Western medical and psychological professionals in this matter - and
take heed of their advice.

---ED

> Kristy,
>
> Glad you are back. I am back too after absence for a short while.
>
> Your advice of being awake all the time may work for Dave. Or may not
work. He needs to try a hundred things until he finds something good.

> A while ago, if you remember, you advised helping others. It is a good
idea, but he did not follow.

> I suggested taking medicine. Again, he did not follow.
>
> Years ago, depression was thought to be a psychological disease. But
now doctors have found it results at least partly from chemical
inbalances in the body. So medicine works. I don't know about Dave's
problems. Why not go to a doctor and listen to his advice.