As every one said, Dave's course of action is up to him. However I find it
interesting that the suite of mindfulness based stress training has a study
showing OCD is a treatment that benefits from MBSR, which despite all the
loosey goosey stuff associated with the English term mindfulness is actually
training in seated meditation.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7XMW-4J9X14X-3&_user=10&_coverDate=03%2F31%2F2006&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1595289280&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=33da0b0b63afd454cdd9a3cb1f9b8584&searchtype=a

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone