Hi Ragge,

On  1/02/12 11:25 AM, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:

Just to follow up on this, in case there are others interested:
To get multipathing, you need to configure the scsi_vhci driver, in
/kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf for sol10 or /etc/driver/drv/scsi_vhci.conf for
sol11-x86. To get better performance, you probably want to use
load-balance="logical-block" instead of load-balance="round-robin".
See examples below.

You may also need to run "stmsboot -e" to enable multipathing. I still haven't
figured out what that does (more than updating /etc/vfstab and /etc/dumpdates
which you typically don't use with ifs), maybe nothing.

The supported way to enable MPxIO is to run

# /usr/sbin/stmsboot -e

You shouldn't need to do this for mpt_sas HBAs such as
your 9205 controllers; we enable MPxIO by default on them.

If you _do_ edit scsi_vhci.conf, you need to utter

# /usr/sbin/stmsboot -u

in order for those changes to be correctly propagated.

You can (and should) read about this in the stmsboot(1m) manpage,
and there's more information available in my blog post

James C. McPherson