"John W. Redelfs" wrote:

> After careful consideration, Jon Spencer wrote:
> >Have anyone in mind?  Would you care to share the fruits of your
> >investigations?  Or were you just speaking generally about persons unknown?
>
> How about the heads of state in Libya, Syria, Cuba, and North Korea, just
> to start the list?  How about Putin?  Is he a good friend of ours,
> then?  He is as big a gangster as any that preceded him in the
> office.  Russia has never been ruled except by murderers and thugs.

Interesting that you should mention this. Someone else mentioned Chechnya (to
give it its normative English spelling). The reason Putin at least initially
agreed with Bush wrt "the war on terrorism" was because there was an implicit
bargain. Putin says Bush can bomb Iraq if Putin can bomb Chechnya and the
neighbouring Pankisi Gorge in Georgia.

> Anyway, the argument is starting to bore me.  The world is full of Bad
> Guys, and we can't kill them all.  So the vendetta against Hussein is
> hypocritical.  Bush has some secret reason for wanting to attack Iraq.  And
> I refuse to be manipulated by Bush and the media.  Our military should be
> used here at home for defending our own shores and borders, period.
>
> John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."

solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the authorís employer,